10 New Year’s Resolutions for Online Sellers
The New Year is almost a time of hope and promise. For business owners, this usually means taking a hard look at the business and setting some goals for the year. For that reason, we put together a few common New Year’s resolutions for online sellers.
You can pick and choose the ones that you want to tackle, or get really crazy and try all 10!
- Source a new product line – Shaking up your products can be just the catalyst your online store needs for an even more profitable 2015. Try sourcing a new product line or bundling like products.
- Try out a new channel – Whether for sourcing wholesale or selling to a new audience, check out a new online channel and evaluate whether it’s a fit for your online store.
- Check out new integrations – Integrations with other services can give your online store that little edge it needs to beat out the competition. Track your customer’s every move with Google Analytics, or take credit card payments with Authorize.net. There are zillions of integrates that can make running your online store easier and more profitable.
- Create brand guidelines – When many online sellers get started, the look and feel of their online store gets thrown together willy-nilly. Take a look at your website and images and create cohesive brand guidelines so that your customers always know when they’re hearing from you.
- Update your images – If you have any images on your site that are less-than-professional, take the time to update them. You’ll notice an immediate difference in the look and feel of your online store.
- Get mobile optimized – Mobile shopping accounted for more than a quarter of all purchases over the Black Friday weekend 2014. If your website and marketing efforts aren’t mobile optimized, you’re leaving money on the table.
- Enhance your descriptions – Content is king and without solid descriptions for your products and services, your shoppers may be left wanting more.
- Master your business finances – Take the time to finally automate your bookkeeping, set up a system to track receipts, or even hire someone to keep it all together for you.
- Master your personal finances – When you own your own business, your business and personal finances are inextricably tied. But be sure that you’re taking care of yourself and your family should you ever decide to move away from online selling. Get a handle on debt and pump up that retirement savings.
- Take a vacation – What? Weren’t these resolutions supposed to be about my online store? That’s true, but sometimes the best way to run your business is to escape it for a while. You’ll find when you come back from time away that you’ll return with fresh new ideas for your store. Get out of the day-to-day grind and your business will benefit!
Do you have a New Year’s resolution for your online store?