Georgia Industries for the Blind
Services: HTML/CSS Development,Catalog Management,Inventory Management,Content Management/Delivery,Order Management Integrations,Custom eCommerce Development using 7cart eCommerce
About Georgia Industries for the Blind: In 1937, the Georgia Legislature passed House Bill No. 114, which established the Georgia Factory for the Blind. In 1982 that name was changed by the legislature to Georgia Industries for the Blind. GIB's first plant opened in 1949, in Bainbridge. Four years later, in 1953, a second plant was opened in Griffin. More than 60 years later, both plants are still vital contributors to their communities and provide job opportunities for persons from throughout the state who are blind. In 2008, GIB opened a third plant in Albany. In 2010, GIB opened its first service site at Robins Air Force Base in Warner Robins and in 2011 its second service site in Pendergrass.